APPOINTMENTS WITH TEACHERS
The Gaelscoil operates a child-centred communication policy. Consequently, both the teachers and I, as principal of the gaelscoil, are available at any time. However, an appointment must be made through the gaelscoil office. Precious teaching time will not be lost while speaking with parents without having satisfactory arrangements in place for the class.
Please ensure that your child wears the full school tracksuit to school each day. Tracksuits/polo shirts with school crests are available in McCannon’s shop situated in the Market. To keep costs to parents at a minimum GMC does not have another formal uniform.
The School Day
- Infants are collected at 1.30 p.m. & every other class at 2.30 p.m. Children who are partaking in activities after school must be collected by 3.30 p.m.
- Classes in school commence at 8.50 a.m. Children will be allowed into the school grounds from 8.30 a.m where supervision will be provided.
Arriving at School
- Please use the entrance provided for pedestrians when walking into the school yard.
- Parents must turn at the roundabout only and leave as soon as they have dropped off their children at the school.
- Please do not park at the gates that are used by the school buses.
- Parents/pupils are requested not to use staff car park to access school.
- Please double check your mirrors before pulling out. Please belt up.
- Repeat offenders car registration numbers are noted and may appear on school twitter @gmcinis or in the next newsletter.
- Junior and Senior Infants should assemble in their own yards at the rear and at the side of the school in the morning from 8:40 a.m.
- Dogs are not allowed in the school yard.
]Enrolement at GMC and Naíonra for 2022/23
There was a great demand for places in Naíonra Céimeanna Beaga and the Gaelscoil again this year. If you are interested in having your child attend the Naíonra or GMC in 2022, please ensure that you have an expression of interest form filled and returned to the school office. Places will be allocated before the end of the current school year.
We hope to run Irish classes for adults in Cois na hAbhna again this year. For further information contact: email@example.com or 065 686 4474.
HEALTHCARE PLAN 2021/22
We are currently updating our records for pupils with chronic and potentially life-threatening health conditions. If your child has Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Anaphylaxis, you must now inform the school in writing and complete an agreed Healthcare Plan for 2021/22. If your child is coeliac or has a non life threatening allergy (kiwis/raw eggs etc.), which seriously impacts on your child’s health, you should also inform the school firstname.lastname@example.org and complete an agreed Healthcare Plan for 2021/22