Coiste na dTuismitheoirí
- Comhairle na dTuismitheoirí 2015/2016
- GMC Comhairle na dTuismitheori Facebook group
- Cad é Comhairle na dTuismitheoirí
Comhairle na dTuismitheoirí 2015/2016
Contact: Comhairle email: email@example.com
- Cathaoirleach/Chairperson: Lyndsay Farrell Uimhir Fón : 087 9440565
- Rúnaí/Secretary: Joanne Behan
- Cisteoir/Treasurer: Joe Haugh
- Ionadaí Bórd Bainistíochta/Board of Management Rep: Tiernán Ó Ruairc
- Ionadaí Bórd Bainistíochta/Board of Management Rep: Deborah Kett
- Ball/Member : Darina Greene
- Ball/Member : Sandra Murch
- Ball/Member : Bríd Deely
- Ball/Member : Triona Hasset
Comhairle group on Facebook GMC Comhairle na dTuismitheori
We would like to invite all parents, guardians and teachers to join the GMC Comhairle na dTuismitheoirí group on Facebook. You’ll find news and updates about Comhairle events in the group. To join, you just need to have a Facebook account. Then click the link below to go to the group and send a join request with the name and class of your child/children. Teachers/Foireann na Scoile are also very welcome. Here’s the link for the group: https://www.facebook.
What is the Parents Association? Cad é Comhairle na dTuismitheoirí
The parents’ association is the structure through which parents in a school can work together for the best possible education for their children. The parents’ association works with the principal, staff and the board of management to build effective partnership between the home and school. Partnership between the home and school is important because with positive and active partnership the child gets the best that primary education can offer. The Education Act 1998 sets down the role of the Parents Association:
A Parents’ Association shall promote the interests of the students in a School in co-operation with the Board, the Principal, the Teachers and the Students.
The same Act also sets down to broad tasks for a Parents’ Association as ways of implementing that role:
- To advise the Principal or the Board on matters relating to the school
- To adopt a programme of activities which will promote the involvement of parents in the operation of the school in consultation with the Principal. [Education Act 1998 section 26 (2) (a) (b)]
In order to do these tasks well, the Comhairle needs to have effective means of
- Consulting with parents so that they can express their views on school policy & matters relating to the school
- Finding out from parents about the kinds of activities that will promote parental involvement for the benefit of the students
- Finding out from students about how the Comhairle can be of help to them
- Consulting with & advising the principal & Board of Management
Finally, the Comhairle in working together has responsibility for:
- The future development of the Comhairle
- The planning & management of the programme of activities for the year
- Communicating, consulting & involving as many parents as possible in these activities
- Communicating & consulting with the other partners in the school
- Planning agendas, keeping records and managing finances
- Linking in with the National Parents Council Primary
Objectives – Aidhmeanna
- To foster a spirit of partnership between the school, the home & the Dept. of Education & Science
- To promote active participation by parents/guardians in the education of their children
- To keep parents/guardians informed of developments in the educational system
- To present parents’/guardians’ views to the Board of Management/An Bord Bainistíocht
- To assist in any way possible in the children’s extra-curricular activities
- To facilitate & encourage parents/guardians to learn & speak Irish
Membership – Ballraíocht
All parents/guardians of children attending Gaelscoil Mhíchíl Cíosóg shall be deemed to be members of the Comhairle. An AGM of the members shall be held each year as near as possible to the beginning of the new school year.
The Comhairle shall consist of 7 members. 5 shall be elected from the body of parents/guardians at the AGM. The remaining 2 shall be both Parent Representatives to the Board of Management & will have automatic membership. The term of office of the Comhairle shall be for 1 year from AGM to AGM. The members of the Comhairle shall elect a Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and any other officers as are required E.g. Vice-Chairperson etc. The Comhairle shall meet at least twice each term. In order to conduct its business, a quorum of 4 people is required.
[2015-2016 Members – Internal link to members]
The Coiste Chairde (open to all members of the Comhairle & parents) shall be deemed to be a sub-committee of the Comhairle for the purposes of fundraising & social event organisation. The Comhairle may set up sub-committees from time to time to carry out particular tasks. There should be at least 1 member of the Comhairle on any of its sub-committees.
Accounts – Airgeadais
Any accounts held by the Comhairle will be opened in the name “Comhairle Tuismitheoirí Gaelscoil Mhíchíl Cíosóg.” Accounts shall be prepared & presented annually for submission to the AGM. All expenses shall be paid by cheque & signed by 2 of the 3 named persons-Chairperson/Secretary/Treasurer.